Additional Fees

I had some lab work done at the end of January this year, requested by a specialist. I did not have a primary care doctor which is why I went to LabCorp instead of just getting it done at the doctor. The appointment was fine, I had no issues with the staff there. If I recall, it was pretty speedy and the nurse who took my blood was fine. I gave them all of my insurance information when filling out the forms.

Early June I got a letter from LabCorp asking me to verify my insurance information. It was a document basically asking me to fill out all of my insurance information and to mail it back (the envelope wasn’t even prepaid! I had to get a stamp just to send this back to them) I filled all the information out, took a picture of the document for my reference, and mailed it back as soon as I could, which was probably mid June.

Mid August I got a bill from LabCorp saying I owed the full amount and that my bill was past due. There was no insurance adjustment on the bill at all. I was very angry because I not only submitted my insurance the first time, but I had to resubmit it to them again for some stupid reason. Therefore, I had to make one of many calls to this company.

The first call I made, the agent said they did not get a claim from my insurance. This was a 15 minute call. I called my insurance and they verified they sent the claim. Called LabCorp back with the information they gave me, LabCorp had to do a 3 way call with my insurance to have them resend the claim. The agent assured me the claim would be received by them. This was a 45 minute call. The agent then disconnected me instead of disconnecting the agent from the insurance company when I still had questions for him. So I had to call back again to verify that they received the correct information, and I told the agent they needed to freeze the bill so I would not get another statement since it was their fault. This was a 20 minute call.

A few weeks went by and I got a nasty bill stating my account was still past due, still with the wrong billing information, and saying I would be referred to collections if it was not taken care of. I called LabCorp and immediately asked for a supervisor. I told the supervisor that all of this was absolutely ridiculous. She told me they did not receive the claim but that she would personally call my insurance and call me back the next day. I waited 3-4 business days and never got a call back or a voicemail. This was

I called again the other day once asking again for a supervisor. This time the supervisor ACTUALLY verified my insurance, called me back and I took care of the bill.

This took way too much time to resolve when it was LabCorp's fault. I will never use them again.

Comments