I received a letter October 24, 2014 from a collection agency saying I hadn't paid a $10 co-pay for some lab work done at Lab Corp on February 11, 2013.I called the number on the notice and explained I had not received a bill from Lab Corp for that date of service.

I had not gone to Lab Corp on the date in question, but I did have a doctor's visit and paid a $10 co-pay to that doctor. Possibly, the doctor's office had sent some test to the lab, but I had not received an original bill or any subsequent notice. I explained I always pay my co-pays either at the time of service or as soon as I receive a bill. I had paid several other co-pays to Lab Corp after that February date.

I told her I was shocked that it had gone directly to a collection agency without receiving a 1st or 2nd notice. I tried to get more information, but I was told that my only options were to pay the bill, either by phone, which would tack on another $7.95 to the $10 owed, or I could pay by check without paying the extra $7.95.

I chose to send a check as it wasn't worth the trouble to keep fighting it.But, I am certain that I will never use Lab Corp again.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Labcorp?

Comments