Newark, New Jersey

I went to the Whiting, NJ office this morning, 11/30/07 (11:45AM), to get a simple sugar screening blood work. However, with only 2 other people waiting in the wait area, I gave up after sitting there 15 minutes! Please note that not a single person was called in or out of the wait area, nor was anyone called up to the window!

Now, I'm no phlebotomist, nurse or doctor, but it doesn't seem like it should take 15 minutes to take blood from whoever might have been back there! BTW, my wife went about an hour earlier than me, with a similar # of people waiting, only to be called in about 30 minutes after she gets there!

Much of the problem, I believe, stems from their *** procedure of entering the same personal info about you - no matter how many times youv'e been there before and regardless of how static your infor is!

The biggest problem, though, is that Labcorp is a monopoly - and they act like it in every facet. They know we have nowhere else to go, so why should they care or try to be more efficient? That was there very condition we all were in when Ma Bell owned all the telephone rights and wouldn't allow competition to enter in with better service and innovation. If it weren't for the feds breaking them up and forcing them to share there access ways to others (CLECS, etc.), we would still be in the "stone age" of telecommunications!

Finally, I want to let whoever reads this complaint to consider that both my wife's and my blood work required us to fast for 12 hours. We were quite famished, especially me because I went after she did (I stayed home to watch our baby). But do the attendants really care about that? I believe there really don't.

Furthermore, we live in an area of about a dozen senior developments. It seems like this local Whiting office has never had more than two techs working there. Now, it seems, they are having to split there time handling office logistics, etc.

So you know I a m not fabricating this, my name is Rick Strader. My wife's name is Shirley. I tried about 30 minutes ago to reach the Northeast Headquarters of LabCorp in Raritan, NJ by phone. I was on-hold with distasteful elevator music for about 10 minutes before giving up. Looks like the understaffing/non-caring attitudes reach all the way to the top ranks.

PLEASE WILL SOME ACT OF CONGRESS BREAK THEM UP OR FORCE THEM TO PROCESS THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH A MUCH HIGHER DEGREE OF EFFICIENCY!

You know something is wrong when you wait for a blood work longer than you do for your own doctor visit!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Labcorp Procedure.

Comments