1.2
Additional Fees

Went in yesterday for my 3 month lab work followup. I have to do it for 2 doctors I see.

Checked in as usual but got called back to window after a few minutes. Receptionist told me I had a co-pay of $40.12. I explained my insurance doesn't have a co-pay nor a deductible for lab work. Didn't matter.

She handed me a document and said I had to sign it. I looked it over and it said I agreed to pay Labcorp $40.12, even though I hadn't had the blood drawn yet. I refused to sign it and asked for my lab order back. I then went to my car and called my insurance company to see why they wanted to charge me.

I was told nothing had changed and I have a zero co-pay for lab work and zero deductible. I then called Labcorp's main office in Florida and explained the situation. The woman said I had to talk to billing. Since there is another lab company in my network, I will go there from now on/ Labcorp has just lost a 20 year customer.

Not to mention since I'm only 58, I have plenty of year's left.

Do you think they care? The answer is no.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

bob394
#1420498

I e-mailed & called Labcorp as to why they say they no longer take Humana Medicare Advantage Insurance. Never heard back form they.

When I called their main office in Tampa, I talked to a very rude LC employee that had no idea what I was trying to convey to her.

I finally just hung up as she was trying to put me through billing. I called Humana and they said LC is still in network and have no clue why they refused my insurance on this particular visit.

#1419821

No they don’t care no one does!! Suck it up and pay!!!