Inverness, Florida

I went to the labcorp location in inverness Fl. with 2 lab orders, one from my family physician and one from my cardiologist.

I requested that the results from both tests be sent to each doctor. The reply was "we don't do this" with no further explanation. I then requested that the results also be nailed to me. The receptionist then replied "we don't do this." The has to write in his own handwriting on the lab order an order to do this!

Oh?

Is this laziness on the receptionist's part, are they hiding behind the hippaa law which specifically allows this type of information exchange, or company policy? The only worse place I've had to deal with was the social security office in Ocala.

Product or Service Mentioned: Labcorp Receptionist.

Preferred solution: report them to the state licensing board.

LabCorp Cons: Not giving results ignoring requests to fix the problem, Unprofessional conduct.

• Customer Rudeness
  • Lies About Medical Laws

Comments

You probably don't want to hear this but the receptionist was absolutely RIGHT! Unless it's written on the order or stamped on the order(s) by a verifiable person from the doctor's office, it is ILLEGAL to do that. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I work at lab corp its company policies,sorry