My insurance recently changed and if I want insurance to cover the cost of blood work, I am forced to go to my local LabCorp to get blood drawn and analyzed.WORST decision ever made by my insurance.

EVERY WEEK for the past two months I go into LabCorp to get my blood drawn and they ask where to send the results etc...it's on the script...they assure me my doctor will have the results in 2 days ( EACH time I go). Guess what? Not only do my doctors NOT receive the test results, they are forced to call up LabCorp themselves to get the information that should have been sent automatically by LabCorp.

It's a frustrating mess and LabCorp can't seem to get their act together.If I had a choice, I would never go to LabCorp again

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Labcorp?

Comments

Chantilly, Virginia, United States #1244040

I have had this happen to me too a few times.I can also never reach anyone on the phone at Labcorp corporate or at the local office to discuss why this is happening.

The phone rings indefinately.

The only number that you can get a live person to talk with is the billing department.They seem to only want my money, but not to share my results with me or my doctor!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1073403

My results from 2 weeks ago have not been reported to the ordering physician. I called the 800 number given me, and every time get "We are unable to process your call at this time, please try again later." My followup appointment is useless without the results, and no one will talk to me about where they are.

I experienced the same issue with Labcorp.I waited a month before I contacted them.

Turns out my blood counts had bottomed out because of the chemo I'm on, and they didn't let me know.

I have no defense system against illnesses right now and didn't know because they didn't get me the results.My doctor still hasn't received the results.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #881334

I have the same problem they never give my results to my MD.i had to cancel surgery because the INR levels were never reported . This is a life threatening rip off .they need to be closed down .

Burlington, New Jersey, United States #864068

I have the same problem always used Quest insurance changed to LaCorp big mistake.It's now two weeks and counting and no results.

They make you wait I've been told until all test are in, and that you have to wait 7-10 days after your dr gets the test. How are we the patients suppose to know when the dr get the results. so now your talking ten days than another 7/10 days .

Quest sent test results as they became available and within a day sometimes my results were in my end box.This is a ridiculous .People like me that have a serious on going condition this is too long, too stressful.Oh, and you never get a response back from Email .