Lake Worth, Florida
2.5K views 13 comments

I needed a routine drug screen for a job I was offered.I hate drug screens anyway as they are a violation of the 5th amendment.

Anyway, I go to Labcorp's nasty run-down facility, just like every one I have ever been in...at least 8-10 all over the country. They take my sample and tell me it takes a day or two for results. Never do they ask me what medications I take; prescription or over the counter. Over a week later the "Dr." calls to tell me the test came back positive for marijuana...

WHAT? you have got to be crazy. He proceeds to tell me the preliminary test came back positive and I would need to PAY for a confirmation test, I'm unemployed and broke...I don't have money to pay for the accurate test... NOW it's starting to make sense to me....SCAM.

He gives me a number to call to see if the hiring company will pay for the confirmation test. They won't.

I find out through some research that more things cause a false positive for marijuana than don't. Aleve...which i take, Advil... another one I take.

No telling how many of my prescription meds cause a false positive. These companies do a dipstick test, which up to half of the positive tests are false. This whole industry is nothing but a SCAM to test you positive and then charge you for the test they should have done first, the gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer test. These companies just want double pay for one diagnostic.

Our country has become nothing but a bunch of shysters ruining peoples lives for an underhanded buck.Two fingers high in the air for ya Scabcorp.

Review about: Flawed Drug Tests.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Labcorp?

Comments

LabTech
San Diego, California, United States #857185

Labcorp doesn't perform the drug screen itself, they just collect it.It is performed by the MRO listed on the Drug Screen Requisition.

Try being slightly informed before calling a business a scam.

Oh, and by the way, Advil and Aleve do not contain THC.You just smoked *** you unemployed ***.

to LabTech #921031

Ibuprofen can indeed cause a false positive. Please refrain from posting if you don't know what you are talking about.

to LabTech #1131259

Stop being a ***, some people smoke it doesn't give you the right to be nasty

And yes there is meds thst will test possitive so unless you a lab tech, get educated.....

I recently broke my leg at work and tomorrow getting surgery to get a rod put in.Required I gave a urine sample with no problem knowing I have nothing to hide, I take lexapro and aderall which my work knows...

LC calls me saying I'm positive for marijuana? Seriously wtf? So I just received a call from my super telling me I have been terminated because of the drug screen. Now I'm getting surgery, have to wait a few months for the healing with no job and bills to pay.

So thank you for ruining my life for something I never did.I hope that place goes out of business and everyone working there is forced to live on the streets.

Ann2 ya
to No #1336958

This same thing happened to my husband.He was given a random and his came back for cocaine.

We are so baffled. The Dr from lab Corp is basically calling him a liar if it's in your system you are a user. Oh hi levels daily user as well.

We have contacted a lawyer to see what our recourse is for a faults positive.This is horrible and we don't know what to do.

LabCorp Incompetent

I went to LabCorp for a pre-employment drug test for a job that also required an extensive background check.My prospective employer told me the background checks take at least 2 weeks on average so I wasn't concerned I didn't hear anything for awhile.

After about 4 weeks my prospective employer called and said all the background checks were done but they hadn't received my drug test results. So, of course they were questioning if I had went. Luckily I save everything so I had my "Urine Chain of Custody" form they gave me the day I went for the drug test. So now my prospective employer is trying to have LabCorp locate my test or explain what happened and apparently LabCorp can't.

Thank gosh I have my "Urine Chain of Custody" form because I'm sure LabCorp's initial response was "he didn't take a test" but they can't say that now.

Also it seems my prospective employer is more intent on LabCorp finding the results than having me take it again as I had already made a comment about how hard it was to find the time to take the test due their restrictive hours and I'm currently employed.Basically LabCorp is incompetent and should be put out of business.

to LabCorp Incompetent Kissimmee, Florida, United States #684574

If you do a drug screen at Lc, on top of the Chain of Custody is the MRO's information, you can call them after a resonable amount of time has passed.

elliott bettman md

we use labcorp to pee test pts.b4 putting them on csc contracts.

The use GCMS confirmation.When THAT is positive I assume patient is guilty of something

Labcorp Employee

In order to perform a drug test, the LC employee must be certified by the DOT and the site is inspected regularly for compliance. The lc tech is not supposed to ask for a list of medications. Once collected, the specimen is sent to the lab. A medical review officer (MRO) analyzes the results and sends his analysis to the employer. In some instances, certain prescriptions show up. If that is the case, the MRO may contact the donor and ask for proof that the medication has been taken legally.

It is true that over the counter meds may alter results, but it is very rare and that med would have had to have been taken excessively.

Lastly, it may be a violation of the 5th amendment, but it is not mandatory. At any time, you may refuse to submit the sample and that is your right, but it is the right of the employer to screen applicants for drugs. By doing that, they also reduce the cost of insurance (accident and health care), which is very beneficial to the employees.

to Labcorp Employee #661862

I work for labCorp. It is a great company