I am referencing the Lab Corp location at 333 Tamiami Trail in Venice, FL. The waiting room was freezing cold.

The receptionist was abusive to several elderly patients. She clearly does not have the patience nor the disposition to be working with the public. The woman who drew the blood was competent but had a sour demeanor.

Overall, an unpleasant experience. Manners and attitude do count, but not at this Lab Corp location.

Product or Service Mentioned: Labcorp Receptionist.

Comments

As a future provider, understanding the importance of following procedure is paramount. Failure to do so can impact the future of both student and or employee.

Lab Corp was the mandated lab chosen for drug screening Prior to beginning clinical's.

I researched their procedure prior to my initial interaction. The following occurred.

I could not make an apt as they did not answer the phone.

After providing a specimen I was told I would be contacted if

there were medications present that required provider authorization. After two weeks I had received no phone call I called the central office as there was no answer at the local lab After several calls to different offices I was told my specimen was possibly lost. I was to wait for a call I waited. Several days later, I received notice from the university that I had failed the drug screening.

Lab Corp did not call me, or my provider prior to submitting the results. I am still attempting to find the correct person to speak with. To all that are placing their educational or professional reputations in Lab Corps hands BEWARE!!!!! Improper processing of a drug screen can be costly, resulting in possible loss of job, retirement benefits, educational standing, etc.

I am still trying to straighten this out. NP /Masters of Nursing student