Chicago, Illinois

I received a multiple bills from June through October 2013 for services provided by LabCorp even though my insurance company said $0 patient responsibility. I understand you want to get paid for your work, but it's not okay to lie and steal, which is what they're attempting to do. LabCorp, when DAD (the insurance company you have a contract with) says no, it's not okay to ask Mom (the insured)!! DAD and I sent required documentation multiple times. LabCorp sends me a COLLECTIONS bill in October. I call DAD and they say don't pay - LabCorp needs to resubmit the claim. I call LabCorp and they say they never got that documentation, can I send it again? So I fax it along with all of my notes from conversations with representatives from each time I received a bill. DAD says the account is on hold as of 11/01/13 per their conversation with LabCorp. LabCorp sends me a "letter" (I was chastised for calling it an Invoice) dated 11/5/13 with the following statement:

"WE ARE WRITING TO INFORM YOU THAT WE SUBMITTED A CLAIM TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY FOR PROCESSING AND WERE NOTIFIED YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BALANCE DUE."

A complete lie, even according to the LabCorp records and my conversation with their CS representative. Why not send me an actual letter saying that my account has been placed on hold while the claim is resubmitted and processed? Why lie?

LabCorp's billing department is either completely incompetent or predatory. I think predatory. Even though my claim will hopefully be resolved in the next couple of weeks, I will do everything I can to bring awareness to the predatory billing practices of LabCorp. Shame on you.

Comments

#852006

Yep. Just received another shady PAST DUE NOTICE for 500+

I have insurance.

Absurd...that I can only reach them by calling 1-800-845-6167 between 8am and 5pm, Monday-Friday.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I'm never going to LabCorp again.

I agree. Lab Corp has the worst billing practices in the universe and they downright harrass you almost in an illegal manner. Keep way from this place..it's HORRIBLE!

i agree hey are crooks, i told them i had insurance and they had me pay as if i didn't have any. than are bill my insurance co at full price. i most likely will

have to pay balance.