1 Plaza Dr Ste 8, Toms River, NJ 08757, USA
2.3

I went for bloodwork at Labcorp. in my home town, in Toms river.

I have had many blood tests done ,and have never paid for bloodwork because I have good health insurance. The receptionist looked at my card, and said no problem, and they accept my insurance. Fast foward a couple months later, they keep billing me for the test. They said it is a problem to take up with my insurance company.

I called my insurance, and was told that Labcorp is not in there network. I asked the receptionist before the test, and was told Yes we take your insurance, and there is No charge.

Now I'm receiving letters from ther collections department saying that will refuse me Lab services, because of the non payment of $44.99. I understand that its not a large amount of money, but it's just the fact that I was lied is the reason why I don't want to pay it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Labcorp Blood Test Procedure.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Lab Corp takes every insurance, it's patients responsibility to know their coverage.

h.kitchener

The rule is that YOU are responsible for the bill unless you have insurance that covers it and it is your responsibility to ensure/verify that your insurance company does cover it. The new trend is for insurance companies to only pay if certain labs are authorized.

Somewhere in the literature you received when you signed up or renewed you will find a listing of authorized labs accepted by your insurance company. Bottom line: if the insurance won't cover it, pay it as it is your responsibility.

Best you go to an authorized lab from now on or until you change insurances. At least the charge is small and can be used as a warning next time you need lab work.

I worked at labcorp up until 5 months ago. We were told to blatantly lie to people about what insurances are and are not in network.