Maryland, United States

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

In response to the complaint I wrote on Labcorp's website, I got a call from some regional supervisor asking me about what happened with my baby's blood draw. He said that they will work on training their techs to handle infants better.

My billing issue is still lingering 7 months later.

During my latest phone call, I was finally transferred to a supervisor (after having repeatedly been told there was no one else I could talk to during previous calls). She checked into what was going on and there seems to be some headway being made finally, but I was told it would take another 2 weeks.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2014

I had to take my week-old newborn to get a blood test on a Saturday. The only nearby location open was the one at Franklin Square (MD).

The wait time was over an hour. It took the "tech" 30 minutes to fill the vial drop by drop from my screaming baby's heel. She dripped some on the floor in the process. That evening the doctor calls me with the results, which didn't exist because the sample got hemolyzed, which basically means the tech didn't know what the *** she was doing.

Obviously, a week-old baby needing a blood test is nothing to mess around with, we needed to the results to make sure she didn't need to be hospitalized.

5 months later, I am still fighting with Labcorp over two bills from that time that my insurance has already paid. However, because my child was not added to the insurance until 2 weeks after birth and the labs happened within a week of her birth, Labcorp only has a record of the denied insurance claim and want me to pay the bills. The insurance refiled the claims once the child was added and paid.

Labcorp can't reconcile the denied claim with the paid one. They also lost the EOBs I mailed them and every time I call them, it's starting over from scratch.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments