1.9

I visited the LabCorp at Swedish in Ballard (5300 TALLMAN AVE NW SEATTLE, WA 98107) for a blood draw on 7/7/2017 at 8:30 AM. I had to wait for about 25 minutes to actually get someone to do the draw.

The person said that they were severely under staffed due to an employee quitting and the other being on vacation. After the draw, I had internal bleeding from the site of the draw and it extended to a 3 inch by 5 inch blood clot under my arm skin. This was accompanied by inability to extend my arm and a tingling sensation all the way to my fingers.

I had to visit an urgent care clinic to diagnose the issue which was caused by haste and neglect during the blood draw. I am never coming back to a LabCorp location again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Labcorp Blood Test Procedure.

Reason of review: Physical Damage, Loss of work, Stress and Urgent Care Visit.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

LabCorp Cons: Post draw blood clot.

Comments

Blood clots happen for numerous reasons. One and the most common is not holding the site tightly for 5 min.

Also if you have had a bad stick, sliding beside the vein instead of in the vein. They can go completely thru the vein which causes a bruise.

Most times it is the fact you just need to hold pressure 5 min. Minimum.

Apply pressure to site after draw. Be sure not to take aspirin or any other blood thinniners before or after.