When I went into the Commack, NY, office this morning, I thought it was a bad sign that there were eight people ahead of me in the waiting room. But since there were FIVE employees there, I thought maybe things would move quickly.

WRONG! For 30 minutes, no one came in or out of the patient rooms. The women working there were arguing among themselves as to who was going to draw blood, who was going to work the desk, etc. One woman tried to take control and assign people to tasks but they refused to do what what she said.

They did not even ask for my lab orders until I was there over an hour. I go to LabCorps because that is one of the few labs that is an approved provider on my insurance. I am going to contact my carrier and will tell them of my poor experience there, ONCE AGAIN, and I will refuse to go there ever again.

Incidentally, when I was FINALLY called in, the procedure from start to finish took 45 seconds. Poor management, inefficient personnel, place could be cleaner, indifferent attitude towards clients, ridiculous business model.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments